If you feel unworthy of success you will never reach the dizzying heights that you dream of. It’s a fact that has been proven countless numbers of times and holds millions of people back in life. This shouldn’t be confused with cockiness however. Ever met someone who is so self confident that they are really annoying? Don’t worry, becoming self confident won’t turn you into someone you hate! It will change you, but only for the better, and help you deal with people and situations in your life. It will ultimately make you feel happier and more able to achieve the life you dream of. The following 5 principles can be very powerful in building confidence and are very quick and easy to use on a daily basis.
1. Realise that YOU have the ability to achieve what you desire in life. Most successful people have started out with nothing, and they are just humans like you and I. The difference between people who are successful and those who are not often boils down to making a decision, setting goals, taking action and persevering in pursuit of those goals.
2. Engage in positive thinking. This is one of the key principles to building self confidence. Thoughts that dominate your thinking day on day will eventually manifest themselves as actions or reality in the physical world. Therefore, you need to work on filling your head with positivity on a daily basis.
3. Monitor the results that you are having. Track your progress. Celebrate small wins as you see developments. This is vital, as people tend to forget where they started from and how far they have come. This can lead to frustration if you feel like you have not progressed sufficiently.
4. Write down your primary aim and vision for your future, whatever that may be. Describe it and be specific. If you want to be more confident, visualise yourself as that person and describe your feelings and situations that you want to be different in. Put a deadline on when you want to have achieved what you set out to do. Once you have this written down, make a promise yourself that you will persevere relentlessly until you have achieved it.
5. Do not step on the toes of others in pursuit of your goals. Remain positive and work with others to succeed. Ensure that situations are win-win for everyone involved. Remember that no one made it on their own. Whatever you set out to achieve will inevitably involve others and if you treat them with respect, then you will be perceived as a confident successful person.
Filling your minds with positive thoughts can be very powerful and is vital as you build your self confidence. If you think that you will fail, then the chances are that you will. This works on the reverse instance however, and if you think that you are going to succeed, you stand a much greater chance of doing so! People that win, are the ones that know they will!